New dates to be announced
John Adams presents
2014 State of Georgia
Property Tax Reduction Workshop
Only $99 includes complete 2014 manual and all necessary Ga DOR forms
Your choice of dates and locations; click on the day to register:
Hilton Garden Inn Perimeter, 1501 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta MAP
NAMAR Building, 2145 Duluth Highway 120, Duluth, GA MAP
Cobb Ass’n of Realtors, 444 Manget St SE, Marietta, GA 30060 MAP
If you own any real property in Georgia, you are likely paying more than your fair share of county and/or city property taxes. In fact, the Wall Street Journal estimates that as many as half the property owners in the US are overpaying property tax.
In this fast 3 hour course, veteran property owner John Adams guides you on the path to lowering the property tax assessment first with the county tax assessor, then with the Board of Equalization, then finally with the Superior Court of the county in which your property is located.
The clock is ticking right now for Tax Year 2014, and the time for your PROPERTY TAX RETURN is fast approaching. DO NOT MISS YOUR DEADLINE!!! The first step is to file your TAXPAYERS RETURN of REAL PROPERTY on the proper Dept of Revenue or COUNTY form, which triggers the appeal process. But once your county deadline passes, you will lose your right to submit a return for 2014.
This course will teach you:
- How to research your value on Jan 1 after the fact; how to file your RETURN OF REAL PROPERTY correctly – and why;
- why you must meet with the appraiser; what actual data you must have; how to find the best comp sales;
- how to PROTEST your valuation; how to APPEAL your case to the Board of Equalization; and how to present your appeal;
- and finally how to Take Your Case to Superior Court, why the Solicitor wants to settle if at all possible; and much much more!
- You will leave with a SPECIFIC ACTION PLAN listing the steps you must take and forms you must use to ensure that you pay no more than your fair share.
This course is approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission for 3 hours of Contuning Education. Training provided by the Institute for Real Estate Policy, school code 900026, course code 62753.
By the way, John Adams is available to present this information to your office, group, company or neighborhood. Call John Adams at 404-353-6000 for current fee schedule.